Data security is a hot topic these days. It seems hardly a day goes by without word of yet another data breach that places consumer privacy at risk. When choosing a content management system for your organization, it is imperative to select a CMS provider that implements the most stringent safety and security measures. CMS security in regulated environments in industries such as healthcare, pharmaceutical, and finance is also essential for ensuring regulatory compliance.
CMS Security Considerations
There are a number of factors to consider in terms of content security in a business CMS. For instance, you must be sure you are protecting all essential areas where content is being stored. These days, this often extends beyond a facility’s four walls, encompassing mobile devices such as laptops, tablets, and smartphones.
It’s also critical to identify and assess all content management-related security risks. You must develop and implement a content security strategy that includes enterprise-appropriate risk control measures. Finally, your content security measures must comply with industry-relevant privacy and security standards such as HIPAA, FINRA, Sarbanes-Oxley, and others.
The Importance of Quality Management and Security in a CMS
Selecting a CMS provider that has attained certification for having a quality management system in place can result in increased content security and also ensure compliance with HIPAA as well as other security and privacy-related legislation. A quality management system is a set of policies and procedures required for planning and executing in specific core business areas of an organization. Adhering to a carefully developed quality management system will also enable an organization to ensure the products and services it offers to its clients meet all relevant regulatory requirements.
Elements of an Effective Quality Management System
The best quality management systems contain several common elements that can have a direct effect on content security, as well as other key areas of a business operation, such as:
- Identifying all pertinent external quality-related requirements.
- Ensuring appropriate documentation of these requirements within the quality management system.
- Substantiating that employees receive proper training in all relevant quality management system requirements.
- Identifying any applicable performance processes for fulfilling quality management system requirements.
- Providing acceptable evidence of meeting quality management system requirements.
- Including processes for monitoring, measuring, and reporting compliance with quality management system requirements.
- Including mechanisms for monitoring and analyzing any changes to quality management system requirements.
- Including an audit process for the ongoing assessment of quality management system performance.
- Making continuous improvement a primary focus.
Choose an ISO 9001:2008-Ceritified Content Management System Provider
The best way to ensure your CMS provider takes quality and content security seriously is by selecting an ISO 9001:2008-certified company. ISO 9001:2008 certification is a globally adopted standard that applies to quality management systems implemented in organizations in just about every industry.
Attaining this coveted certification demonstrates the organization’s ability to consistently meet all applicable customer, statutory, and regulatory requirements, as well as its commitment to enhance customer satisfaction through effective quality management system implementation.
Vasont Systems is an ISO 9001:2008-certified CMS solutions provider that makes quality and security a top priority. Contact us to learn more about quality management and security in a CMS environment.