Content management systems for organizations offer substantial benefits. They improve productivity while reducing costs and the amount of time your team dedicates to editing, updating, and publishing internal and external content to different outlets.
Understanding the types of content management systems available, plus the solutions they provide, is an essential step towards choosing a system that solves your company’s unique content challenges.
Content Management Systems for Organizations
Organizations worldwide rely on content management systems to streamline their daily and year-round processes. Industries such as healthcare, government, and finance are dependent on effective content management because they release dozens of user guides, reports, and other materials that feature identical information.
The types of content management systems available include:
- Web Content Management System (WCMS): Organizations that deliver most of their content to the internet, such as on user guides on their website, rely on a WCMS because it’s designed for sending content to the web. Companies that use e-guides rather than paper instructions, for example, may use a WCMS to update old product manuals, as well as develop new guides.
- Digital Asset Management System (DAM): This content management software is dedicated to graphic and multimedia management — not text. Graphic design, photography, and film companies often benefit from a DAM system as they deal exclusively in visual products.
- Document Management System (DMS): A DMS is a document manager. Instead of focusing on a content’s details, it concentrates on content at the file level (e.g, Word or PDF documents). A DMS, for example, tracks who modifies documents, but it also controls who can access and update a document. Numerous organizations use a DMS to ensure essential content, such as branding guidelines, remain unedited by lower-level staff.
- Enterprise Content Management System (ECM): This type of content management system takes a global approach to managing content. It can handle your emails, documents, instant messaging, and other electronic files. Corporations and large organizations rely on ECMs to consolidate their content and improve their productivity for producing new internal documents, as well as materials for their customers.
- Component Content Management System (CCMS): The Vasont® CCMS is more granular than a DMS. Unlike a DMS, our CCMS focuses on your content’s details rather than the files themselves. Components include conceptual topics, procedures, sensitive information (cautions and warnings), product descriptions, and many others. Duplicate content, such as your company’s copyright disclaimer, are saved as a single component. So, if you would change your disclaimer, it would update across all documents that feature it. Content security can be managed at a lower level than in other types of CMSs, giving greater flexibility for content ownership and updates.
The variety of content management systems for organizations allows companies to choose a system that meets their individual needs, as well as their industry standards. A universal benefit of these content management software programs is their ability to streamline company processes and documents, which improves productivity.
Content Management System Solutions
Businesses researching content management systems often ask, “How will it solve our problems?” Vasont Systems’ component content management software is designed to handle the various challenges that companies across the globe encounter:
- Long production and editorial times: Healthcare, manufacturing, and technology companies all reuse content throughout manuals and labels, but they duplicate it rather than reference a single instance that’s accessible worldwide. Similar yet not identical content leads to accuracy issues, as well as extensive editorial and production times.
Our CCMS or XML Content Management software syncs content to the latest version. By storing individual components for reuse, like product warnings, manufacturing companies reduce their production times by 63 percent and editorial cycles by 59 percent. Tech companies like Hewlett-Packard have saved more than $62 million with our content management software’s consolidation and translation management features.
- Extensive translation costs and cycles: Global companies, like those in the travel industry, require multilingual content to reach their consumer groups. Translation cycles are time-consuming, which delays the publishing of content. And the cost of translations can be extreme. Terminology, if not carefully crafted in English, can cause brand-killing issues in other countries (remember the Chevy Nova fiasco, which translated into Spanish as “not going”?).
Content management systems from Vasont Systems manage the translation process. The result is an average of 80 percent reduction in translation cycles and a 78 percent decrease in translation costs. Our translation management ensures that translation costs are minimized. It also lets you create and release new multilingual publications faster by delivering your content sooner.
- Minimal content security: Financial and government agencies, and many other businesses, require security to ensure content, remain secure. Assigning user privileges to current and new employees is an extensive process for IT teams, which are handling other responsibilities. Duplicate copies of files also make setting privileges a never-ending task and a challenge for your tech team.
Vasont Systems’ CMS provides every user with a unique ID, which allows only authorized employees or contacts access to specific documents. Consolidating content also prevents duplicate copies and provides staff with a single piece of reusable content. Teams can then reference and edit this content without having to share revised copies with one another. The content is updated with the most recent changes for every member.
Our CMS programs provide companies with software that streamlines tasks, increases productivity, and reduces costs. The result is an organization that’s operating smart by eliminating daily, repetitive tasks that use valuable company time and funds.
Software for Managing Content From Vasont Systems
At Vasont Systems, we’re driven to provide content management systems for organizations, plus invaluable and personalized customer service and support. That’s why our clients have reduced their costs by an average of 63 percent and their content cycle times by 75 percent. Learn more about how our ISO 9000-certified company can help your organization boost its productivity and manage its content by contacting us today.