Who needs a component content management system?
Organizations need a component content management system if they:
- Use the same content over and over again in one publication (i.e., a warning in an instruction manual may be used 10 times within that manual).
- Use the same content in more than one publication or document (i.e., a part number and description in a parts catalog may also be used in the user's guide).
- Publish their content to more than one media channel (i.e., the content in a printed instruction manual that ships with the product may also be used in the online help information).
- Publish their content in multiple languages.
The types of publications that these organizations produce might include:
- Technical documentation (parts catalogs, software documentation, user manuals)
- Reference materials (encyclopedias, dictionaries, standards guides)
- Testing and training materials (e-learning programs, testing booklets)
- Marketing and educational materials (packaging, promotional flyers and ads, brochures)
Read more about how content management can apply to various industries.
Contact us for further information about more in-depth training in content management.